
Rylee turned 5 on Tuesday so I wanted to dedicate this blog to her.
Rylee is our little fighter. She was born over a month early and spent her first weeks of life in the NICU fighting for her life. I remember the sinking feeling that I had when the Dr.'s came into our room at 3am to ask for permission to put her on life support and an a-line. And the hole in my heart when I was discharged from the hospital without her. However, our prayers were answered and she quickly became strong enough to come home and is very much a blessing in our lives. Now for the good stuff.
Rylee is really funny and keeps us laughing. At this very moment she is challenging Greg to a duel...."you'll never take me alive, sucker!" She loves to wrestle Greg. There is always some sort of trash talk that is involved and is usually quite funny. I have no doubt that I will blog plenty of quotes from her.
Her accomplishments this year include:
competing/riding in a rodeo, riding a bike without training wheels, learning how to jump rope, doing a flip on the trampoline,and writing her own name. Wow! what an athletic kid! She def. gets that from her daddy. She has also realized that she prob. won't be playing football.....like she used to always tell us. I think she has realized she is more likely to be a cheerleader than in pads. "cause that's for boys" Although she gets her skills from her daddy, she is definitely a momma's girl. She always tells me how much she loves me and usually wants to go wherever I go. She always wants to snuggle with me "cause your all soft and warm"...(hhmmm...not sure how to take that) It's good to feel needed.
We have a wonderful birthday bash planned for her this weekend, but there was no way she was going to let us forget the actual birthday. All day long she kept saying.."remember.... I'm the birthday girl. " She walked around like royalty. So Greg and I took her to the Country Club for lunch and that made her feel really special. She was taking pictures of everything ...the street, the doors of the club, the flower arrangement...ect. She was especially excited about the "big girl" glass that they gave her. The funny thing is she kept telling everyone that she is 6 now.....(haha...I have no clue why)
Later that evening I asked what she wanted me to make for her birthday dinner....and she replied..."maccaroni and cheese, NO Vegetables, and a hamburger" lol .......she was sure to mention No Veggies! She finially decided on pizza and grape soda! (oh yeah dining at your finest) She was very excited about opening all of the gifts. Beall got her a kit to make lip gloss, Triston gave her a new jump rope and a flute. She also received a set of tinkerbell(her favorite character) walkie talkies and a hoola hoop. (which she is working hard to master) There is a pretty good chance the flute could come up missing!...(that thing is hard on the nerves) We had a wonderful day. With each birthday that the kids celebrate a ton of memories come flooding in. Always about the memories and very seldom about the "stuff" that they received. That's what's important................ making the memory!
Happy Birthday! We love you Rylee B!

The country club! watch out, she's got expensive taste, even at 5! that's great that you guys could go for lunch and have some time with her alone. we are excited for tomorrow and are praying the rain moves on!!!
ReplyDelete-Chrissy