Monday, March 8, 2010

Fairytale Birthday Bash!

Rylee's Castle Cake!
Spiderman on Bay horse!..(a.k.a. Braylon Ramey)
Sharolyn (horse trainer) helping Rylee jump off the horse onto the trampoline. (Christian Hayter and Elysia Nelson are also pictured)
Alexa Beall and Princess Hunter.
Glitter!
Rylee and Trevor on Tango
Emma,Beall,Ein,Rylee,Anne,Braylon,Ginger....................
Picture of some of the costumes. (note the baseball game in the background?)
Prize table!
We celebrated Rylee's 5th birthday with a fairytale birthday bash! Complete with a castle cake, castle pinata, and royal horses. Overboard?...nah not me! Greg always gets a little anxious every time I start planning one of the kids birthday party's. (he thinks I go overboard). ...... ..... ....
.
....
. I must admit that, although it's a lot of work, I love planning these party's. I love the fact that I can be part of a magical memory. The sight of all those little children laughing and smiling makes me so happy. The kids looked so adorable in their costumes! The royal guest list included several princesses and a couple of spidermans. We had lots of games, and a big prize table for the winners. At first, I was surprised that Greg didn't try to jump into the game action since he is so competitive. However, I soon realized he had taken the "older brothers" away from the party for a little game of "driveway baseball"...(uh huh...typical) He did jump right in when it was time for the pinata. (thanks MiMi for the castle pinata!) Something about smashing stuff with a baseball bat.....that seemed to be masculine enough for him. However, I think the horses were the biggest hit, and even I took a ride. (no comments please..) Tango and Bay horse looked especially cool with glitter on their hoofs. Sharolyn (the handler) let the kids jump from the horse's hiney onto the trampoline......yep....that got lots of laughs! (I didn't try that one, but was a little tempted) .
. .
.
. .
We did have one "hitch"........ In order to minimize chaos, (and essentially Greg's anxiety) I made the cake the night before the party. A castle cake is not an easy feat and it took me several hours to make all of the fondant and decorate it. All I had to do is set up and decorate on Sat. So I was relaxed Sat. morning. But calm quickly turned into panic when I learned that Sasha (our very well trained dog) had secretly taken a piece of the castle for herself under the cover of night!....oooooh that dirty dog! She had helped herself to one of the tiers of the castle.....Can you beleive it! .ughhh.....don't panic!......Luckily, I had just enough left over fondant to make a new one.( this is lucky...cause my kids like to eat it) and the castle was repaired.... with plenty of time to spare! Special thanks to MiMi and Braylon (a.k.a. spiderman) for making a very long drive to attend our fairytale bash. We had lots of fun.....everyone loves a party!

1 comment:

  1. Where's the picture with you on the horse and Greg smashing the pinata? You amaze me with the birthday hoopla...I dread birthdays because of the work and planning. I just want to sing, have them blow out the candles, and play...I should have you come and do all the girlies' parties. Actually, maybe that's not such a good idea. Then they'd know what they were missing...

    ReplyDelete