Saturday, July 10, 2010

Alexa Beall's Special Day!

Alexa Beall......after being baptized.
Alexa Beall opening gifts.
A picture of a picture at Palenque Grill....lol..(my scanner's not working)
.
.
March 18th Beall turned 8. I can't believe she is already 8 and headed for 3rd grade. We had a special visit from Mimi as we celebrated her birthday and her baptism. On the day of her birthday she went horseback riding with her brother and sister and then off we went to Palenque grill at her request. The dinner was yummy, but the birthday song at the end was the best part. All the waiters clapped and sang to her as they put the special hat on her head. I think she really liked the attention. There was a little disappointment when she learned the hat wasn't hers to keep. lol.....They snapped a picture of us and framed it for her. (MiMi and Triston dodged the picture) Although most of the family couldn't make it for her big day, they all sent birthday wishes in the mail.(which we all know she loves...so thank you) Beall was scheduled to be baptized on that Sat. ......so we had lots to prepare. I think the favorite part of her birthday was all the shopping and primping....We shopped for the perfect white dress and all us girls went and got mani/pedi. (thanks MiMi)......yep, good 'ole fashion girl fun!
At 6:30 Sat. evening, she was baptized. I think other than the day she was born, this was the most beautiful I have ever seen her. She looked so pure and so radiant. The baptism was small, intimate and sweet. It felt so spiritual... and of course I couldn't hold the tears back. In fact it's really hard to put into words the feelings I had. Triston and MiMi gave beautiful talks and the missionaries sang a song to her. Special days like that are even more special when shared with dear friends like the Andersons. Just them coming and being a part of this special moment meant a lot to our family. Beall has such a special spirit about her, very nurturing and kind. I pray she will always carry that with her. (I have more pics to add, but I'm having trouble loading them...so check back later.....I might have more pics up)

No comments:

Post a Comment