Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's in the mail!

Rylee mailing a package to the Maile girls........she was very excited to get it in the mail!
.
.
.
.
Why is it that kids LOVE to get stuff in the mail? Every time one of the children has a birthday....the mail box is under constant surveillance. (even the FBI would be proud) A mad dash is made as soon as they realize the mail has been delivered. There is always a build up of excitement as the big day approaches. Usually it trickles in....a card at a time......until BOOYA......there's a package! Yay for packages! I think the surprise of getting mail makes them just as happy as the actual gift. My kids love it! But it doesn't have to be just gifts, they seem to love getting ANY kind of mail. (that will wear off when they start getting bills!) They love magazines, fliers, holiday cards...ect. To be honest, I love getting mail too.(I just figured I'd hurt myself with the mad dash part) As a matter of fact, that's one of my favorite parts of Christmas.........all of the cards.....and all the mail that we get. Funny how that doesn't seem to go away with maturity. I think it's because you know that someone thought of you. Good to feel remembered.
.
.
.
Doesn't everyone love to get mail sent to them? Email? (I mean the good stuff...not the bills) Even Greg loves to get one of his sports magazines in the mail...........and then he's off to his favorite reading spot! (lol...I'll leave that to the imagination!)
. .
.
.
.
Sending mail seems to be just as exciting as getting it. The kids love to write thank you notes and draw pictures. It's good manners too. (right?)However, I am honestly not good at "getting it in the mail" I do really good at preparing it for mailing....but somewhere between attaching postage and taking it to the post office...........I drop the ball. Then it sits there for too long, and eventually I never send it..........'cause I'm too embarrassed that it's so late. I guess it comes down to being organized. Kuddos to Nana and Grandpa Busse. They never miss a holiday, birthday or fundraiser.(the kids know it and I appreciate it.) Amanda seems to always be really organized too.....guess that's why she's a teacher. So one of my new years resolution this year was to "get it in the mail" Although I have been more diligent, I have to admit that I still have a pile of stuff needing to be mailed. So to all of you that I owe...Christmas gifts, Valentine cards, thank you notes and pictures...............start watching your mailbox, 'cause................ "it's in the mail!"

1 comment:

  1. Seriously. That was such a sweet thing to do, and that pink cat goes EVERYWHERE with us...

    ReplyDelete